Monday, March 14, 2011

Couple of Cards

I was ging through my stash..as so often we all do and sometimes you find something and you have no idea what to do with it so you have a bit of a play...

this card here is exactly that. I found this pack of thick handmade paper I had bought really cheap in a dump bin at this Book Store at the mall. The colours were a tad funkadelic but I love adding texture to cards so for a few quid I got this huge pack. There were all kinds of sizes and types of paper but there were these squares of green dotted thick textured paper with tiny foil bits in it and I thought I would make nice flowers. So out with my new Nesties and Cuttlebug and I cut out alternating size scalloped circles along with a few using beige sheer mulberry paper. I edged the flowers with a white gel pen with hand drawn stiching.

Just slapped them on a square cards, a few corners I made, a jewel brad in the middle and voila!


This next one is just a play with a DCWV glitter card stack and a puffy flower embellie I got in my Christmas stocking. I used the same Nesties die for the flowers and some purple ribbon down the centre. The Birthday Gal sentiment is from my stash of printables. I like to print out sheets of sentiments in different sizes and occasions also using different fonts and keep them in a file folder near my craft table. I usually just print them in black, pink or purple on thin white card. I then just cut out one that I like and trim it to fit the card I'm doing. I suggest you all give it a try.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy